Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Why I am a silly momma (#102)

So last night I worked out in the yard pulling ivy that seems to grow overnight, clipping the ugliest bush in our yard (I don't know why I keep it) and trimming flowers. I have this tall, yellow flowering plant that is sooo tall it droops really bad. I thought I would trim some of the flowers and make myself a bouquet. Then I had this really awesome idea that I would use my Perrier water bottles (I LOVE that stuff!!) and make small bouquets to sit on my neighbors' doorsteps. So I made little tags that said "to wish you a great day". I just thought it would maybe brighten someones day when they went to leave the house and saw a little something for them.



Well, it took me almost 45 minutes to make the tags and by then it was dark outside and I was losing steam. I decided I would just finish up today. Now here is where I am silly...I forgot to put the cut flowers in water s0 this am when I went to get them, they were all dry and shriveled up- ahhh! So much for my fun plan.

What have you done lately that is silly?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Silly Momma,
What a great idea that was -- sure it would have made someones day, maybe next time when the flowers are back in bloom.
THE THOUGHT OF OTHERS IS WHAT COUNTS!!

Anonymous said...

Silly Momma Heather,

What a lovely, lovely thought!!!
It will work out better next time,
and 'oh yea,' you have the tags made now. I am proud of you!

Ruth

twinmomstamper said...

Hi Heather!!!

I wish I was your neighbor. Your tags are great.

Cheryl

Anonymous said...

You write very well.