Monday, July 14, 2008

Boom-Di-Ada CTMH line

Cards & ATC's
Close up on the cards!
Close up on the ATCs

6"x8" mini scrapbook!
So my Close to My Heart box finally arrived and here is my first attempt at creating with the products! I had a great time using what I had (you know it's going to be crazy hard for me, I'll always be thinking "oh man, I could do this, use this, cut this if I had this...oh yeah, but those were all things at the store!"
Here are some things I've discovered about CTMH:
  • I was pleasantly surprised at the CTMH stamp pads. The tops are connected to the base but the cool thing about it is that the tops spin around and lock into place, they stack beautifully and each one is marked with the actual color so it is easy to pick out the right one from the stack!
  • I was not impressed with the Bonding Memories Glue as I am addicted and comfortable with our Tombo "green glue" but I did find that the Liquid Glass works as an awesome adhesive...I might like it better than the green glue just because the tip is smaller! Plus, it does a great job adding that "glassy" look to projects that "just need something"!
  • The My Acrylix Stamps are pretty cool too...they come in their very own case! I love that!
  • The papers? Well, I'll have to get used to them. I am used to the Bazzill cardstock with the awesome texture and a pretty heavy weight and the CTMH cardstock I was working with was smooth and on not as heavy. On the plus side, it has a white core so when you distress the edges or sand it, the white shows through...love that! I have some of their textured cardstock on order so I'll let you know about that.
  • I will be getting some more of the Exclusive Inks Markers. They have my two favorite tips- a small tip and the brush tip!!! Plus they match perfectly with the inkpads! (And you know how I am about matching!)
  • They have this really neat book called Reflections. I am so liking this! It is for scrapbooking (but can be adapted to cards also) and has step by step directions, measurements & examples for layouts and extra little tips for different techniques.

Ok, now that I've written a novel! I just wanted to share with you what I've learned so far with CTMH. If any one is interested in an Idea Book for Summer 2008, just let me know and I'll hook you up! I am working on how I might be able to put together some card/mini-album kits and if it is even legal! Although I am still trying to get comfortable with all the products, if anyone is interesed in hosting a party, let me know! We could make the cards, ATC's or the mini-album that I have in the pics above!

Thanks for looking (and reading)!

No comments: