Monday, January 5, 2009

My new toy!

I have always wanted to be able to stitch on paper. And it doesn't make it any easier to ignore when Close to My Heart is all about stitching! But being extremely initimidated by those big, heavy, fancy sewing machines, I was always able to supress my "sewing desires" until....I saw this totally cute mini, light weight sewing machine at Walmart!! I had my reservations on how well this little machine would work and I did get a bit upset because the knob kept flying off every time I would start the machine. But, Adam (with his super man muscles) snugged the knob on and it hasn't popped off since! Of course, the hardest part for me was having to read the directions on how to thread the bobber and stuff (because who wants to read directions when there are so many crafts to make??!!) I created a scrapbook page and a card with stitching and I have even sewn up some pants!! I am so glad I got this machine! It may be little but the possibilities are endless!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather,

This is so cool!!!!!
I am anxious to see the finished cards. Keep up the good work.

Ruth